Lay-A-Whaaaaaaa?!!! (The New LAY-BUY payment option) 1
A couple of main reasons we started The Dressing Room was to bring our customers convenience and affordability. We strive to keep costs low while also increasing the quality and brands we carry. With that said, we now offer a wide variety of prices and brands to accommodate our customers' needs. There's literally something for everyone and every budget. However, we wanted to do more than that.
I often think about how growing up, through nursing school, and even into my early mommy years, I would repeatedly buy new shoes on sale at chain stores to "save" money. I would wear these shoes for a month, maybe two, and then I'd have to buy more because they would wear out so quickly. It seemed so wasteful to me at the time, but I was on a water budget with champagne taste as my dad called it. This was until I finally splurged one day and bought a pair of real leather sandals from a reputable company (still a sale, of course, but an obvious higher quality). Now, to some folks, that may be no big deal, but to my water budget, I immediately had buyer's remorse... until I got the the shoes in the mail. It was one of those "ahhhhh" moments. The look, the feel - it was something my "every two months" shoes weren't providing. That "ahhhhh" moment is the moment I became a shoe snob. Haha! This poured over into my purses, jewelry, and jeans. I decided that these staple pieces were worth the splurge for something that lasted rather than replacing every couple of months, but then I had to remember my budget. I remember thinking, if I could just break up the cost, those shoes could last me forever (which 8 years later I still wear the heck out of my "ahhhh" shoes, by the way) or that purse would see more than one season. So, this "budget" issue of mine is where I came up with the idea to offer LAY-A-WAY at the The Dressing Room!!
Now, this doesn't mean we are jacking prices up at all. This is just a little something extra to help make it convenient for people to shop with us. I understand that not everyone has the capability to come into the store and buy a whole new outfit even if they're dying to have it. So, we've made it easier. It can be one big item, or a lot of little items, your choice. Here is the break down of how it works:
1) Find your goodies. The minimum checkout total is to be $100 (this can include tax).
2) Checkout (this can be done in-store or on-line). At checkout, you will be given an option to checkout using LAY-Buy which is a PayPal affiliated program that allows you to make payments (can be via your personal PayPal account or credit/debit card).
3) You may choose a deposit amount anywhere from 30-50% down along with a payment plan. You have up to 3 months to pay for your items. You pay on your own terms and schedules.
4) Once you've paid for your item(s), you may pick up (or we will ship) your items. You will not get any items until the entire balance is paid in full.
4) Here are my rules behind this.... As with any purchase with TDR, you have 14 days from the date of purchase to change your mind and get a FULL refund. After that 14 days, should you decide to stop payment or cancel, you will not be issued a credit for any monies paid. This is simply because we have such a high turn around of product within our store that by us holding the item for you, we have lost out on someone else purchasing the item. If you stop payment or cancel, the items will be immediately returned to the floor for purchase. This is an all or nothing rule as well. If you put 15 things in your lay-buy account and cancel, you're canceling all of the items. This means your 30% down does not go towards some of the items. You forfeit all deposits, payments, and product. Also, no additional coupons or discounts will be given after purchase.
I hope this helps give another option for us to serve our customers better! This is also perfect for gift buying so keep that in mind as well. This is a new service we are offering so we would love feedback from you - even if it's a "yeah, I love this idea" or "no, I hate it." If you have any questions, don't hesitate to call or email us!